Sunday, July 6, 2008

Another post from Newark

Back on familiar (and friendly) ground. Sitting just a few feet from where I posted my very first blog for this trip. I'm missing England but the England airport, not so much. I think I had a sign on my head that signaled everyone to give me a very hard time. Most times I love airports but all the hassle I went through getting in and out of Manchester is almost enough to make me not want to go there again. Don't worry... I said almost. (I am already planning to go back.)
The longest part of the journey is over, but I'm still not quite home. John, Linda and the rest of the gang came back with me but had a different flight that was direct, so I think they are getting to Orlando right about now. I haven't minded the time to catch up with people on my phone that has been pretty much unused for two months!
I sure missed celebrating the 4th of July on Friday. No fireworks or days off on that side of the pond. But Saturday made for a day of a few more experiences. I can now say that I have spent more time on a train in England than I have in America. Kath and I took a train down to do a show in Liverpool and we were delayed for a long time by a train that broke down in front of us. After a long time on the track and being slightly disoriented from riding backwards for hours we got to the train station and I had my first ride in an English Taxi. The show was wonderful. It was titled "Sing the Ultimate Movies" and my dad did the voice overs for it. It was weird hearing his voice so far away.
A short night, a long day of traveling and I'm ready for a shower and my bed. I've spent a little bit of the flight reflecting on what I have missed while I was gone, and what I'll miss for England now that I'm back. Here is the list that I came up with:

Things I'll miss from England-
Fish and Chips
Long days of Sunshine
The culture and tradition
Cream Tea from Betty's
Driving around the amazing countryside
Linda and her girls
My new friends from the office
All the cakes and pastries.. mmm

Things I missed while I was gone-
Greasy hamburgers (5 guys anyone)
Mexican Food (although Indian was a nice substitute)
Drying my clothes in a dryer
Real coffee
All my friends and family
The 4th of July!!

1 comment:

Carson said...

Oh, so you didn't miss me?!?

I see how it is